6/16/11


21 days to discover who you
 are in Jesus

Day 1
I Am Royalty

For He foreordained us (destined us, planned in love for us) to be adopted (revealed) as His own children through Jesus Christ.          Ephesians 1:5 amp

God loves you so much that He planned to adopt you as His very own child through your faith in Jesus. He chose you because He wanted you to be a part of His royal family. What makes a person royalty? A person is royalty because he or she is a child of a king. Your heavenly Father is the King of kings. When He adopted you as His child, you became a daughter in His kingdom.
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
                                      1 Peter 2:9 amp
When you became a part of God’s royal family, your identity was changed. You went from being a pauper to becoming a princess in the kingdom of God. The King of kings came to live within you, and you became a new person on the inside. You were chosen to display the glory of the One who lives within you. He called you out of the kingdom of darkness and brought you into the kingdom of light.
The kingdom of darkness is the kingdom of Satan. His kingdom is filled with lies. He hates you because you’re a child of God. He knows that you’re royalty, that you’re God’s special daughter.
If you ever really believe the truth about yourself, the glory that lives within you will shine out for the world to see. You’ll live victoriously in this world. The devil is afraid of that, so he uses the only weapon he has to keep you feeling defeated—deception. He doesn’t want you to know who you are, so he tries to deceive you with his lies. You can always know if you’re listening to his lies by how they make your heart feel. The symptoms of believing lies are negative emotions. Discouragement, depression, worry, and fear are all the fruit of believing the devil’s lies.  
Have you ever heard the devil speak these lies to your heart?
“You’re nobody special.”
“You’re not important.”
“You’re not good enough.”
Jesus came to rescue you from every lie of the enemy. He came to set you free.
Always thanking the Father…. For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.        
                                  Colossians 1:12-14 nlt
Everyone used to live in the kingdom of darkness where their sins separated them from God. The Bible says all were sinners and were not a part of God’s family. (Eph. 2:11-13.) But Jesus loves you so much that He came as your King and died for your sins. He rose again to rescue you from the kingdom of darkness. When you put your trust in Him, all your sins are forgiven and your identity changes. You’re a royal daughter in the kingdom of God.
But just like in the Garden of Eden, your heavenly Father lets you choose who you’re going to believe: the lies of the devil or the truth of who you are in Jesus. When you believe Jesus, the fruit of your life is joy, peace, confidence and security. 
When I learned what Jesus had done for me and that I am royalty in God’s kingdom, I began to look at myself differently. It didn’t matter anymore what the world thought or said about me; the only thing that mattered is what Jesus said because He is the Truth. I began to define myself by who I am in Him. I realized that I am chosen, special, forgiven, and perfect in my Father’s eyes because of Jesus. I didn’t have to believe the lies of the devil anymore. I could believe Jesus and display His glory in the world.
The same is true of you. You’re a royal child of God. You don’t have to believe the devil’s lies anymore. You don’t have to define yourself by what the world says or thinks about you. The truth is you are chosen, special, forgiven, and perfect in the Father’s eyes because of Jesus. He wants you to see yourself that way too. He’s called you to display His glory to the world by believing who you are in Him.
So the next time the enemy attempts to deceive you with his lies, remember who you are in Jesus, and speak the truth out loud:
·       I’m a chosen child of the King of kings.
·       My sins are forgiven. I’m perfect in my Father’s eyes.
·       I’m my Father’s purchased, special child. I am royalty because of Jesus.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know You love me because You sent Jesus to rescue me from the kingdom of darkness and bring me into Your kingdom. Help me to see myself the way You do. The only thing that matters is what You think and say about me. I choose to believe who I am in Jesus. I am chosen, special, and forgiven. I’m royalty because of Jesus

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy to be in the family of God! I am royalty because my Daddy is the King of kings. My identity comes from Him. I have His DNA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It makes my heart feel so joyful, free. I am everyday learning to become more and more conscious of the dialogue that is going inside my head. I have had so much negative talk, lies that play like a broken record. This study helps me to stop and think, "wait a minute, that thought is not truth". Then the Grace of God enables me to turn to the truth that Jesus declares about me and agree with him.
    Thanks, Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was interesting to watch some of the festivities surrounding the Royal wedding a few weeks ago. The culture of being a member of the Royal family requires one to think, act and speak with a grace of the best education and enjoying the privilege and responsibility of great wealth.

    And then there's the King of Kings. The King of the Universe. Who just happens to be our Father. He imbues us with His grace to be kind, loving, full of generosity and freely forgiving as we've been given the same from His good heart.

    I like what Connie said, "we have His DNA"—as He is so are we in this world...

    ReplyDelete